There are many special discounts that are available to seniors. Retirees are offered discounts at most retailers, restaurants, parks and on public transport. But you won’t get these discounts unless YOU ASK for them. Simply ask the question, “Do you offer a senior discount?” and see how much you can save.
And did you know there are special senior discounts that are available just online? Many seniors were shocked to find out that they could save as much as $6,000 by using these online discounts and little-known government programs. Here is a list of discounts and offers seniors can take advantage of 2019.
1. Save on Groceries
Take full advantage of your senior discount at your local grocery store. Lots of stores offer it – you just need to ask!
Keep in mind that discounts and deals may vary and can change without notice.
- Farm Fresh – 5% discount Tuesdays and Thursdays (55+)
- Hy-Vee – depending on location will usually offer 5% discount on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (some stores set age to 65+)
- Fred Meyer – 10% senior discount on the first Tuesday of every month
- New Seasons Market – 10% discount every Wednesday
- Compare Food Supermarket – 10% discount in participating locations, get in touch with your local store to find out more
- Piggly Wiggly – varying discounts at participating locations
- Fry’s Food – 10% discount on the first Wednesday of every month to all seniors with VIP card.
2. Get a $3,120 Per Year Mortgage Reduction
Still unknown to many is a brilliant Government Program called the Freddie Mac Enhanced Relief Refinance Program (FMERR) that could benefit seniors and reduce their payments by as much as $3,000 per year! You can bet the banks aren’t too thrilled about losing all that profit and might secretly hope homeowners don’t find out before time runs out.
So while the banks happily wait for this program to end, the Government is making a final push and urging homeowners to take advantage. This program is currently active but could be shut down at any given time in 2019. But the good news is that once you’re in, you’re in. If lowering your payments, paying off your mortgage faster, and even taking some cash out would help you, it’s vital you act now and see if you could qualify for FMERR or a better rate in today’s marketplace.
URGENT: So many homeowners could still benefit today, but sadly, many perceive FMERR to be too good to be true. Remember, FMERR is a free program and there’s absolutely NO COST to see if you qualify. See if you qualify now before it’s gone >>
How Do I Qualify?
Step 1: Click your state on the map to instantly check your eligibility for free.
Step 2: Enter a few details and view your new lower rate and save money! Click here to see your new low rate.See If You Qualify For a Mortgage Reduction
3. Owe More Than $20,000 in Credit Card Debt? Use This Brilliant Debt Payoff Plan
Owe a lot of money in a credit card debt? This is what credit companies don’t want you to find out:
If you owe more than $20,000 in credit card debt, this proven debt relief program made available by Freedom Debt Relief can reduce the amount of money you owe. You can resolve your debt with no requirement of loans and thus become debt free in just 24 – 48months. If you’ve been struggling to pay your credit card debt, then click here to find out how you can become debt-free!Click Here To Reduce Your Debt
4. Shopping Discounts
At Kohl’s on Wednesdays, over 60s can get 15% off. And on Tuesdays, outlet stores Marshall’s, Ross will offer up a 10% discount for seniors – though the exact age is determined by each store.
Walgreens hold a “Seniors Day” once a month too – which varies by location. Discounts of 20% are available for Rewards card members that are over 55 years old in store, and if you’re shopping online you can get a 10% price reduction.
If you are 62 or older, you can get a 10% discount every Tuesday and Wednesday at Dress Barn. And that’s not all, Stein Mart are treating over 55s with their clearance offer. On the first Monday of each month, you can get an extra 20% discount on clearance items. Goodwill gives 10%-20% discounts varying by store.
Just remember to check with the specific store in your area, as discounts might vary and change without notice.
5. Homeowners: What Would You Do With an Extra $100,000?
Senior homeowners who visit the $100k survey website might be shocked to find out that they qualify for a $100,000 cash-out payment that could help them pay for home improvements, pay off debt, take a vacation and much more.
These brilliant mortgage programs can provide up to $100,000 to senior homeowners if they qualify. Most seniors use this cash for home remodeling and repairs but you can use it however you want.
Remember, these are free programs and there is absolutely NO COST added to your refi and to see if you are eligible. Click here to check if you qualify and find out how much you can claim. It’s an easy way to put cash back in your pocket!Click Here To Claim Up To $100,000
6. Is Your Home Over 5 Years Old? Get A Home Warranty Immediately
Unexpected home repairs can be catastrophic to the finances of most seniors who are on a fixed monthly budget. Your home insurance will not cover your refrigerator, stove or washing machine breaking down unexpectedly. Same goes for your heater in the winter or AC unit in the summer, if it breaks, you have to pay the heavy repair bill.
The good news is that there is now a new Home Warranty Program available for seniors that can help protect you from unexpected home repair bills & save you thousands on repairs. Appliances, AC’s, heaters, roofing repairs, etc. – they are all covered under the program. If they cannot fix it, they will replace it, its simple + saving seniors thousands.Click Here To Learn More
7. Save Up To 70% On Life Insurance
Unfortunately with every year you age your insurance premium amount rises 8-10%. For senior citizens, rising life insurance policy costs can add up significantly. And what’s worse is the fact that many seniors have a hard time qualifying for new policies altogether once they reach a certain age.
Fortunately though, there is a way to get a very cheap life insurance policy. You need to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. This amazing website will let you do that and the best part it is totally free! They will run down your information through their technology to automatically find the best life insurance policies available for a much much lower price. Seniors may end up saving up to 70% on their life insurance policy.Click Here To Save On Life Insurance
8. Cell Phone Plan Discounts
Did you know that many of the large phone companies offers special discounts to senior citizens? These discounts add up quick!
Keep in mind that deals may vary and can change without notice.
- AT&T – plan for over 65s that costs $29.99 per month. You’ll get 200 anytime minutes, and 500 for evenings and weekends.
- GreatCall – a senior plan for $14.99. However they do have various additional fees, so expect to pay a little bit more. The plan offers health and safety tools, which include 24/7 access to urgent care, medication and refill reminders, daily automated calls to check in with you and much more. This plan works best with a Jitterbug phone, which is especially easy and comfortable to use.
- T-Mobile – plan for $70 a month for seniors 55+, which gives you 2 lines with unlimited talk, text and LTE data.
- Verizon Nationwide – 65 Plus Plan where you can get a plan for $29.99 that includes 200 minutes and unlimited text messaging, it also comes with 2GB of internet so you can browse your favorite websites from your phone. Keep in mind, however, that this plan is not available for new Verizon customers.
- Consumer Cellular – a plan that includes unlimited talk for $30.
9. Get A Discount On Auto Insurance
Did you know that depending on your age, driving record and many other factors you could get a huge discount on car insurance? Most seniors don’t even know these discounts exist. Click here to learn how you can save up to $536 on your car insurance.Click Here To Save On Car Insurance
10. Get A Free Home Security System*
Did you know that your house is 2.5 times more likely to be a target for intruders if you have no security system installed! Horrifying, isn’t it?
That’s why it’s smart for anyone to have a home security system at home. And you might think that getting the system installed is going to cost you a lot, but luckily you’re in for some good news! We’ve partnered with Protect Your Home, one of the top ADT dealers in America, to give our seniors the best deal possible. You can now get a FREE home security system*, plus a free $100 Visa gift card from Protect Your Home, plus a FREE wireless remote keychain & more additional savings. You just pay $99 installation and the monthly monitoring service. This equates to up to $2550 in value for just the cost of installation. You won’t find this deal anywhere else. Aside from your exclusive savings, having a home security system may also help lower your homeowners insurance, providing addtional savings. Grab this amazing deal while it’s still available (limited time offer).
*With $99 installation and purchase of 36 or 24 mo. Monitoring contract. New homeowners only. Termination fee applies.Click Here For a Free Home Security Quote
11. Seniors Who Own Their Home Can Save Big On New Windows & Cut Up To 43% Off Heating & Cooling Costs
When seniors visit this window remodeler connection website they are shocked to learn about the discounts and savings available. Seniors can save BIG on the cost of new windows for their home while also lowering heating & cooling costs by up to 43%. You can easily compare window prices, installation costs and see how much you will also save on your monthly electric + heating bills. Fill out the short form to receive free pricing quotes from licensed & insured window replacement professionals in your area and see how much you can save.
Additionally, by adding new windows, you may secure discounts, local promotions and financing options – which could lead to paying $0 down. Every homeowners should check to see what they qualify for – especially those with windows that are more than 8 years old.Click Here To Learn More
12. You Qualify For Free Medicare Rate Quote
Healthcare is an essential part of human life, and the costs of prescriptions add up more and more as you age. Most retirees need to take some type of medication, so it’s only right that you should be able to get a discount on your pills. By choosing the right insurance company for your needs you could get your prescription drugs covered.
Also, many seniors may not know this, but they may be eligible to get extra benefits out of their medicare insurance plan. You can also check if you are eligible to get vision, dental, hearing or even arthritis treatment coverage included.Click Here To Save On Medicare
13. Restaurant Discounts
If you don’t feel like cooking be sure to turn to these places for good senior dining deals. From fast food to steak restaurants, our compiled restaurant list will definitely help you make your choice.
Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Whataburger: free drink with purchase of a meal, depending on location (55+)
- Wendy’s: give free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- Piccadilly Cafeteria – 10% discount with “Prime Time for Seniors” card
- IHOP – 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Golden Corral: Senior discount varies by location
- Krispy Kreme Senior Discount: 10% off (50+) (age and discount varies depending on location)
- Perkins Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Spaghetti Factory “Senior Menu” offers discounted list of menu items
- Uno Pizzaria & Grill: “Double Nickel Club” 25% off on Wednesday (55+)
- Sizzler: Offers “Honored Guest Menu” (60+) varies by location
- Papa John’s Senior Discount: check with your local stores (no standard senior discount policy)
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Friendly’s Restaurants: 10% off meal w/ free coffee at breakfast or free small sunday during non-breakfast hours
- Fazoli’s: Join “Club 62” for special senior menu items (62+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
- Country Kitchen: Great Senior Menu (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
14. Save Up to $4,264/year On Your Mortgage
If you’re a senior homeowner you could save thousands of dollars each year by taking advantage of this government program called HARP. The Home Affordable Refinance Plan (HARP) was passed Americans reduce their monthly payments by as much as $4,264 each year. You could bet the banks aren’t too thrilled about losing all that profit and might secretly hope homeowners don’t find out before time runs out.
So while the banks are happily waiting for this program to end, the Senior Discounts Club is making a final push and urging homeowners to take advantage of HARP now and save $4,264 each year.Click Here To Learn More About HARP
15. Cruise Discounts & Perks
Is there any better way to celebrate life than to venture out at sea? Cruises are wonderful with their all-inclusive travel options where you get to sit back, have a drink or two for free, soak up the midday sun and enjoy some high-class cuisine along with various live music performances.
Cruise lines offer a huge variety of discounts for senior citizens, and this includes some of the most well-known companies like Carnival Cruises and Royal Caribbean, offering exclusive deals to citizens over the age of 55. You will be able to get a cruise deal anywhere in the world, be it the Caribbean or even the icy Alaska. Keep in mind that not all cruises have discounts, so it is best to check with the specific cruise company.
16. Get Government Rebates To Go Solar And Cut Your Energy Bill
Did you know you can significantly reduce your monthly electric bill and pay nothing for it? If you live in a qualified zip code you can get paid to go solar! Thanks to a little-known government program called Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit, homeowners who live in specific zip codes are getting thousands in rebates to install solar panels.
Many people were shocked that subsidies and rebates cover 99% of costs associated with installation so it literally costs $0 to have done. Learn more about this program and check if your zip code qualifies. Homeowners can literally save $1,000’s of dollars just by using this program.Click Here To Learn More
17. Flight Discounts
Southwest Airlines, United Airlines
If you are thinking of traveling somewhere further from home you might need to know that you can get senior discounts from airlines too. Southwest Airlines will charge retirees at cheaper senior rates, just show proof of age when you are booking.
United Airlines offers senior fares to selected travel destinations for passengers who are 65 and older. Ask for more details on these great fares when you make your reservation or select the seniors (age 65 and older) category when you make your booking. Continental also offers senior discounts on select routes, and you can get senior fares from American Airlines if you contact them by phone.
18. Movies Discounts
AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas & CineMagic
It’s lovely to visit the cinema every so often. Lots of theaters offer a senior discount too. AMC Theaters offer a generous 30% discount to over 60s. While Regal Cinemas are going one better and will give you 35% off if you are 60 and over. With the money you’re saving you can treat the grandchildren and get a bag of candies to eat while you all enjoy the movie.
Georgia Theatre Company offer varying senior discounts, depending on location and showtime, so be sure to visit their website for more information. If you’re over 60, you can get into weekday shows before 2pm for $6 at Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, get $1 or $2 off at B&B Theatres and $2 off all evening shows at Celebration Cinemas. Fridley Theatres offer a Bargain Day every Tuesday for all ages – why not take the grandkids?
And at Marcus Theatres seniors can watch matinees for just $5 on Fridays before 5:30 p.m. Showcase Cinemas offer discounted ticket price on Senior Wednesdays at all locations (except Showcase Superlux), and various discounts for popcorn and a soda. If you’re over 65, you can get a discount of between 10%-25% off your ticket price at CineMagic.
19. Travel Discounts
Here are some senior discounts you can use when traveling:
Greyhound: 5% off for 62 and over
Amtrak: 10% off for 65 and over
National Parks Service: discounted senior pass for $80 for 62 and over
Carnival: savings on cruises for 55 and over
Royal Caribbean: reduced prices for 55 and over
Hertz Car Rental: various discounts to those 50 and over
Avis: up to 30% off to AARP members
Payless Car Rental: various discounts to AARP members
Southwest Airlines: various discounts for 65 and over
United Airlines: various discounts for 65 and over
Uber: two free trips on the first day of every month
TIP: Don’t forget to claim these great money-saving senior discounts:
Car Insurance Discount. Click here to save $536+ on car insurance!
Home Improvements: Click here to see if you qualify to get up to $100,000 for home improvement!
Thank you for reading! If you liked the article, please share it with your friends and loved ones!