There’s no reason why every senior shouldn’t take advantage of these incredible discounts & offers available to them.
In today’s world, the dollar doesn’t go as far as it once did. And it seems that the ones that are hit the hardest in today’s economy are retirees who are generally on a strict budget.
Fortunately, there are some incredible discounts & special offers available to save seniors a lot of money. We have compiled the most money-saving offers and discounts available for seniors in 2019. Many seniors were shocked to find out that they could save thousands of dollars each year by using these discounts and offers.
1. Travel Discounts
Here are some senior discounts you can use when traveling:
Greyhound:5% off for 62 and over
Amtrak:10% off for 65 and over
National Parks Service:discounted senior pass for $80 for 62 and over
Carnival:savings on cruises for 55 and over
Royal Caribbean:reduced prices for 55 and over
Hertz Car Rental:various discounts to those 50 and over
Avis:up to 30% off to AARP members
Payless Car Rental:various discounts to AARP members
Southwest Airlines:various discounts for 65 and over
United Airlines:various discounts for 65 and over
Uber:two free trips on the first day of every month
2. Pay Your Mortgage On Time? Refinance With The Government’s Lucrative “FMERR” Program To Cut Your Mortgage Down
Banks Don’t Want Homeowners Knowing This
Still unknown to many is a brilliant Government Program called the Freddie Mac Enhanced Relief Refinance Program (FMERR) that could benefit seniors and reduce their payments by as much as $3,000 per year! You can bet the banks aren’t too thrilled about losing all that profit and might secretly hope homeowners don’t find out before time runs out.
So while the banks happily wait for this program to end, the Government is making a final push and urging homeowners to take advantage. This program is currently active but could be shut down at any given time in 2019. But the good news is that once you’re in, you’re in. If lowering your payments, paying off your mortgage faster, and even taking some cash out would help you, it’s vital you act now and see if you could qualify for FMERR or a better rate in today’s marketplace.
URGENT: So many homeowners could still benefit today, but sadly, many perceive FMERR to be too good to be true. Remember, FMERR is a free program and there’s absolutely NO COST to see if you qualify. See if you qualify now before it’s gone >>
How Do I Qualify?
Step 1: Click your state on the map to instantly check your eligibility for free.
Step 2: Enter a few details and view your new lower rate and save money! Click here to see your new low rate.See Your New Low Rate Now
3. Restaurant Discounts
From fast food to steak restaurants, our compiled restaurant list will definitely help you make your choice when feel like dining out.
Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Whataburger: free drink with purchase of a meal, depending on location (55+)
- Wendy’s: give free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- Piccadilly Cafeteria – 10% discount with “Prime Time for Seniors” card
- IHOP – 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Golden Corral: Senior discount varies by location
- Krispy Kreme Senior Discount: 10% off (50+) (age and discount varies depending on location)
- Perkins Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Spaghetti Factory “Senior Menu” offers discounted list of menu items
- Uno Pizzaria & Grill: “Double Nickel Club” 25% off on Wednesday (55+)
- Sizzler: Offers “Honored Guest Menu” (60+) varies by location
- Papa John’s Senior Discount: check with your local stores (no standard senior discount policy)
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Friendly’s Restaurants: 10% off meal w/ free coffee at breakfast or free small sunday during non-breakfast hours
- Fazoli’s: Join “Club 62” for special senior menu items (62+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
- Country Kitchen: Great Senior Menu (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
- Long John Silver’s: 10% discount or discounted beverage (55+)
- Taco Bell: 10% off (65+)
- El Pollo Loco: 10% off senior discounts varies by location (55+)
4. Senior Discounts At Your Grocery Store
Did you know that many grocery stores offer senior discounts? Here are the best senior discounts at your local grocery stores!
Keep in mind that discounts and deals may vary and can change without notice.
- American Discount Stores: 10% off every Monday (62+)
- Bi-Lo: 5% off every Wednesday (60+)
- Farm Fresh – 5% discount Tuesdays and Thursdays (55+)
- Hy-Vee – depending on location will usually offer 5% discount on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (some stores set age to 65+)
- Fred Meyer – 10% senior discount on the first Tuesday of every month
- New Seasons Market – 10% discount every Wednesday
- Compare Food Supermarket – 10% discount in participating locations, get in touch with your local store to find out more
- Piggly Wiggly – varying discounts at participating locations
- Fry’s Food – 10% discount on the first Wednesday of every month to all seniors with VIP card.
5. A Discount On Your Cell Phone Bill? You Read That Right!
Did you know that many of the large phone companies offers special discounts to senior citizens? These discounts add up quick!
Keep in mind that deals may vary and can change without notice.
- AT&T – plan for over 65s that costs $29.99 per month. You’ll get 200 anytime minutes, and 500 for evenings and weekends.
- GreatCall – a senior plan for $14.99. However they do have various additional fees, so expect to pay a little bit more.
- T-Mobile – plan for $70 a month for seniors 55+, which gives you 2 lines with unlimited talk, text and LTE data.
- Verizon Nationwide – 65 Plus Plan where you can get a plan for $29.99 that includes 200 minutes and unlimited text messaging, it also comes with 2GB of internet so you can browse your favorite websites from your phone. This plan is not available for new Verizon customers.
- Consumer Cellular – a plan that includes unlimited talk for $30.