Every year, seniors spend thousands of their hard-earned money on prescription drugs. It’s an awful burden, especially for those who live on a fixed income. But is there a way to save more? For starters, take a look at our list of Senior Discounts on Prescriptions – every little helps, and most of these discounts are more generous than you’d think!
- Walgreens: Walgreens offers 20% off for customers who are 55 or older.
- Rite Aid: You can get 20% off brand-name and generic prescription drugs with the Rite Aid Rx Savings Program. Sign up today and get an Rx Savings Card that will give you access to thousands of exclusive discounts at Rite Aid pharmacies!
- AARP: With the AARP Member Prescription Discount Card, you and your family members can get, on average, a 61% discount on FDA-approved brand name, generic, or specialty drugs that your Medicare Part D plan or current prescription insurance can’t cover.
- CVS Pharmacy: Those enrolled in the CVS ExtraCare Savings and Rewards program can save more with coupons in-store and online via the ExtraCare Coupon Center. As you shop and fill prescriptions, you also earn ExtraBucks Rewards.
- Costco Member Prescription Program: You and your family members can save up to 80% (at time of sale) with the Costco Member Prescription Program. If you have no prescription drug insurance, or if you do and it does not cover all your prescription medications – this the program that will help you save loads.
- Narcup: If you don’t have prescription drug insurance (or if it doesn’t cover all your medications), get the Narcup prescription discount card for free and save up to 50% on FDA approved drugs. Good to know – they also cover certain pet medications!
- Kmart: To get covered for most generic drugs (starting at $5 for a 30-day supply or at $10 for a 90-day supply), 10% of pet prescription and 25% off vaccinations join the Prescription Savings Club at Kmart (Pharmacy Savings Plus). It will cost you only $15 per household or $10 per person (annually).
- Walgreens Prescription Savings Club: Get exclusive discounts and special offers with your Prescription Savings Club Card. Membership fee – $20/person or $35/household annually. The best part – if you don’t save at least the cost if your membership fee, Walgreens will pay you the difference!
- Walmart Pharmacy Services: The company offers low-cost generic prescription medications, $4 refills for generics, branded drugs, and even pet medications. Check Walmart drug list to see how much you can save on your medications.